Friday, August 15, 2008

Final Days


These are my best friends. I've talked about them a lot, but I just wanted you to know this is our last official weekend before we become college students. Can you believe it? I just thought I'd share a little bit about them in this post.

Chris--he's been my best friend this past year, and he's grown so much. He's taking classes at OCCC this fall (I'm so proud of him, I can't even begin to tell you). He's been very patient with me and always has my back.

Hannah--we've been friends for as long as I can remember, and she's grown up a lot this year. She's made decisions in her life I would never have the guts to do and has reaped so many benefits. I'm really proud of her too! She'll still be in high school, but that doesn't matter.

Elie--she's gone to Cali until Christmas break. She has one incredible story and it's so different from mine. She and I really balance each other out! I can't wait to hear what God is gonna do with you in Cali.

Taylor--we've walked in and out of each other's lives over the past year, but we always manage to become great friends again. He's my logic buddy. We can sit and talk about stuff forever and never reach an end as we over-analyze everything on the planet. :) He'll be with me at UCO!

Caroline--another person who has stood by me in everything. We'll be at UCO too! She's so creative, more than I'll ever be! 

Lori--I'm so proud of you for going to OBU. Leaving home is such a big deal, but it's worth it. God will give you so many experiences to grow you, you'll be thankful you left. Don't worry on missing out on things, I don't think much will happen in any of our lives. :)

And I'll close with a poem a friend of mine wrote:

"Beautiful beginnings start with an end, 
a faded dream or loss of a friend."

God's going to do great things with us~just look at our lives already~~

Here we go...the next chapter is here. 


4 comments:

Jordan Garrett said...

oh my gosh i love you all :) i think im might cry, im not even kidding...but yes, the next chapter IS here, and it's going to rock our world no matter what happens.

Chris said...

I honestly think i might cry myself. I Finally feels like everyone is leaving. Even tho i know we wont be leaving eachother i know that they wont Ever be the same again. Please, to everyone, Keep in touch. Don't Lose Faith and Never Stop Loving. I've done it all, and I dont want any of you to feel the anguish it brings!

Never will I leave, No never will We fall, To the Ends of this earth i would Follow, Show up in time to grab you, Save you from yourself, And Together we Will make it Back! Stop the Worrying, Lose your doubts, We are back together, Stronger now more then ever! Let us RISE UP! and overcome!

Nicole Knox said...

I am so proud of all of you!!

Katie said...

Wow, what a great group of friends!

I remember having a great group like this and going through so many changes. Sometimes you do lose touch with friends, but that is okay, God know what you need and he will provide!

I'm excited that you will be at UCO, we should hang out!