Monday, January 19, 2009

Ever Wonder Why??

This is the first year I've ever made a "New Year's Resolution"--not that I'm opposed, I've just never found one for me. Well I decided I'd read the Bible from beginning to end. I was reading Genesis and it made me wonder why God chose the Israelites for His "people". They really were a bunch of screw-ups who never trusted God to do what He promised and ALWAYS took things into their own hands. 

But then again, I guess we're not that different. As His "people" now, we mess up and ALWAYS take things into our own hands. I can think of story after story just in the past week where I have done things on my own rather than waiting for God to do what He promised. 

So as a part of my New Year's Resolution, I've decided to learn from the Israelites and I'm going to start trusting that God will do as He has promised in my life. Join me!! 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: