Thursday, April 24, 2008

Be Still My Soul

I'm reading this book called Be Still My Soul, by Elisabeth Elliot, and I wanted to share a part about prayer...

"I realized that the Bible itself is full of written prayers, including the one Jesus taught His disciples when they asked for a model of prayer. "Our Father who art in heaven...(Matthew 6:9-13) The older I get, the more I use that prayer and the more I realize that virtually everything that really matters is contained in that one prayer. I am not praying to get an answer to every question or a solution to every problem, but rather to put my whole live and all the lives of those whom I love in the light of heaven."


How has your prayer life changed as you've grown older? What are your favorites ways to pray? Do you have any prayers you pray every day?

3 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

I identify.

Chick4Christ said...

Praying has totally and completely changed my life! I go through phases where i dont, and when that happens i feel myself drifting away from God and things that are pure and righteous and pure, i find my life unraveling before me out of control! I find it uncontrolable chaos!

But through praying i find peace, i find stillness and comfort! HE is there to take care of everything, all i have to do is live for HIM. Its such an amazing feeling!

How I like to pray is by actually having a relationship with Him! Like He's my daddy, or boyfriend or husband! I go to the park on a beautiful day, or starbucks when its not so pretty lol. and just bring my bible and a notebook and go on a "date" with God! We talk and laugh and cry. I let him speak softly to me and let him romance me! Me and God, we're in LOVE! and we're not afraid to show it :)

Mandy said...

I understand completely!! I watch beautiful sunrises and rain storms with Him. :) We talk all day long most of the time :)