Monday, April 28, 2008

What do we do without a leader???

Today I work, I only had 2 kids left by 4 and so we went to the duck pond. We spent about 45 min watching the mother duck and her ducklings and anxiously waiting to see the school of fish that lives in the pond. About 30 min into it, the mother jumped out of the pond and walked in the grass. The moment she jumped out, the 8 ducklings chirped constantly for their mom. They even tried to jump out with her. They followed her around as she walked on the outside, but they were completely lost with out their leader Even though she was out of the pond, every time she quacked, the ducklings knew just where she was. It reminded me of one of Jesus' parables:


"
3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”
John 10:3-5

Go here and read the rest of the story. My question--can you recognize your Father's voice? Have you ever been lost and then you hear His voice? Any cool stories you have hearing Him?




3 comments:

SheriYates said...

That's a sweet story! I need your help with twitter. can you email me?
Also, you babysit? Can I meet you at church one weekend? I found you from Nicole's site.

Not hearing my Father's voice...sometimes, I can be SO noisy - just even in my head..over analyzing...thinking too much - worrying - whatever...and that is when I totally can miss His voice.
I mostly hear Him WELL when I wake up - if I am still for 1 hour or so, I just get such a download, I don't even know what to do with it! amazing!

Nicole Knox said...

Yesterday the Lord told me stay home with the boys even more!!!

Chick4Christ said...

SO TRUE! haha.

I do that alot. But mainly I stray away from him. and then get lost. and then wonder what happend, and then I realized its just me thats leaving. lol.