Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lesson 1....

Get all your strength from God...He'll supply all you'll ever need.

Here's something that amazed me about my experience in Chihuahua: 1) I didn't eat half as much as I usually (I can only remember being hungry once...on the way home--Domino's night) 2) I slept very little, I mean like 3-4 hours a night (not once did I feel worn out from exhaustion) 3) I did some major work out and managed to always make it up the mountain (in my own time...another lesson, so stay tuned).


The whole week I pulled so much strength from my Jesus. When I painted all day without rest, He guided my brush. When I spoke after having no sleep, He guided my words. When I ate enough food to be polite, but not enough to fill my tummy, He gave me the Bread of Life. When I felt I couldn't walk any longer DOWN the mountain, He sent me a friend to walk with. When I needed a day of silence, He spent the whole day at my side, just listening, but never speaking. When I doubted I could make it UP the mountain, He sent me a helping hand. When the journey seemed like forever, He sent me a guide. When the blister grew on my foot, He gave me a friend who let me borrow their socks. When I knew I couldn't walk anymore on my knee, He brought someone to carry me. When I was in pain, He sent a friend I could lean on. When I needed some encouragement, He sent me a beautiful sunset. When I felt lonely, He blessed me with a sunrise. When I needed some real food, He blessed me with potatoes and ketchup. When I needed affirmation I was doing a good job, He spoke through everyone around me.

Get all your strength from Him, He's all you'll ever need.

6 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Mandy...these are awesome words, awesome truths! I'm so glad you wrote this down. It's a good referral when things get hard! You have learned so much!!! Keep on sharing it.

drama momma said...

This is really good, Mandy.

Anonymous said...

that was really kool. God totally provided in BIG ways for all of us on that trip. He's pretty much BOMB!!! thanks for sharing :)

Mandy said...

As I'm reading it, I can think of so many other ways He provided too. It's so cool!

Chick4Christ said...

i LOVED it! this is awesome :)

Taylor Hale said...

Mandy! Ahh, that helped calmed me down in the time it took me to read that! Lately, I've felt like life can't go on being so stressful, but it won't as long as I lean on Him! Thanks for the encouraging words!