Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 5

We started to drive to Creol, which is a four hour drive. We went on the side-of-the-mountain road again, but I was laying down, so I didn't stress so much. :) A lot of us slept on the way to Creol since we had gotten little sleep the night before. The map we were using to get to Creol was 30 years old, so where we were going was a little sketchy. We had to stop and ask for directions and after about 30 min of driving around Creol, we found our destination. It was a lake (I'm not sure of the name of it). The first entrance we went in was full of people. Apparently the Mexican fair was going on, so after we couldn't find anywhere to camp, we left and went further down the lake. About 20 min later, we found a nice quiet spot where no one was and set up camp. Hannah, Lori, and I went to the lake and Caroline eventually came too. The four of us sat around and talked (we hadn't spent a whole lot of time together) for about an hour while admiring the lake and birds. Eventually we had to go back to the campsite for dinner. Lance and Mel made us meatloaf, green beans, and potatoes. It was DELICIOUS and I'm not much of a meatloaf fan. For desert we had peach cobbler, which was also DELICIOUS, at least the part I ate. After dinner, Caroline, Hannah, Lori, Chris, and I went back to the lake to watch the sunset. It lit up the lake in beautiful shades of red and orange. It was almost as pretty as an Oklahoma sunset in the summer. :) We came back up and had some hot chocolate and some "'shrooms" (or marshmellows as most of us call them), and told funny stories. We discussed some leadership stuff from Habitudes and after the fire died, we went to bed.

I'm almost finished, we've got one more day, plus the journey home. Thanks for reading. I know this is taking a long time.

2 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Still enjoying it!

Chick4Christ said...

ahaha you want sum shrooms??? kinda reminds me of mushrooms. ha.

did you take a picture of the lake? or of the sunset?

I know taylor (mr obbessed with sunsets) would've taken a million pictures! haha.