Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just what I needed

So I went to Edmond tonight to attend the experience (if you missed church, def make time to see it!) and as I was leaving, a staff member stopped me and thanked me for coming. At first, I thought well sure, this is still my home church, but as he continued to speak, he made me tear up. He told me that just seeing me there made him want to worship God more. He was tired from the other experiences and he said just seeing me engage in worship affirmed that he could do the one last experience. (I was in need of some genuine encouragement today).
Friday I hung out with Jessica for about 6 hours...again, just what I needed. I love my friends dearly and thank God for them daily, but I was at the point where just being around them was pulling me down. Right after my mentor suggested I spend some time with some other people my age, Jessica called me (how crazy is that!?!?!)

Needless to say, my God takes care of me. He shows me daily how much He loves me. What more can I do, but love Him back! With that, I close my weekend with a smile (which was very much needed).

How did He show you how He loves you this weekend? How does He do it daily?

Gotta love HIM!!!

3 comments:

drama momma said...

Just being in worship last night singing "Oh how He loves us" was one way He reminded me how much He does love us. I started singing to myself "Oh how He loves me." I certainly don't deserve His love and grace. And then with "How Marvelous, How Wonderful", I couldn't keep from smiling and worshipping our GREAT GOD!

Nicole Knox said...

He shows we though my Hunsband and my kids! I wish I could have seen my Mandy!

Robin Meadows said...

Don't you love Jessica? I remember meeting her a couple of years ago and thinking, "Mandy and Jessica need to meet! They share the same passions". I'm so glad it finally happened....and at just the right time!