Monday, June 23, 2008

Trash

This was a crazy weekend for sure! But so much fun! I didn't make it to Get Smart, but I did set off some fireworks and hung out with my Europe buds! The micro mission was so much fun and I think we might have even made it on TV!! I ended up picking up trash and pulling weeds for most of the day. Here's a "spiritual revelation" I came up with as Mer and I picked up some trash....

"First I chose to be on the weed pulling team. With my dad's garden and flowers, I had some experience with this. But like usual, God likes to mess with my plans a little bit. So I switched to the trash team! It didn't look like there was any trash, so I figured we'd be done fairly quickly. Mer and I headed to the back of the school to pick up the trash. The closer we looked, the more trash we saw. We ended up filling almost half a bag of trash."

It reminded me of how sometimes things (or people) can seem so perfect on the outside, but the closer you get, the more dirt and "trash" you see in and around their lives. Sometimes, I think, it really makes us (at least me) run from imperfection if we're expecting that person or situation to be perfect.

Don't really have any challenges or anything, just wanted to throw that out there. Hope you understood it!

4 comments:

Jordan Garrett said...

i totally understand! i have a friend who i didn't really know, but she seemed like she had it all great. when i got to know her she has had a ton of trash in her life, and now we are really close friends! it's amazing what trash can do sometimes :)

Alec Warn said...

thats a really true point! sometimes. well most of the time, things just arent what they seem.


man, thats SOO true. lol

Robin Meadows said...

The more trash....the more Love. And man...we ALL have trash!

Taylor Hale said...

That's VERY true! I agree with everyone, but sometimes I realize that people aren't perfect, and you have to learn to accept the fact that the person will have trash, but sometimes you can even lead them to Christ! :)