Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Looking for the Good Stuff

I'm currently (almost finished) reading First Break all the Rules as an assignment from Allyson, and I stumbled across this quote, and who knew it would be so perfect for today!

"I deliberately look for something to like about each of my people. In one, I might like his sense of humor. In another, I might like the way he talks about hsi kids. In another, I'll enjoy her patience, or the way she handles pressure. Of course, there's a bunch of stuff about each of them that can get on my nerves. If I'm not deliberate about looking for what I like, the bad stuff might start coming to mind first."


Are you looking for good in everyone, even if you aren't on good terms? If not, try for a day to see how your life is different when you look for a little bit of good in everyone. You'd be surprised at what you find.

2 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

This is great advice. It works well with family members too! ; )

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like it! I find myself being too judgmental sometimes and this is a great tool. Thank you, Mandy.