Thursday, December 20, 2007

Europe



So I couldn't wait...so here are some memories from Europe! For all those who went with me, you guys totally made the trip. I was a little worried because Caroline was the only one I really knew and I'm not big on meeting new people, but you all probably caught on to that...anyway, I'm gonna look for some of my favorite pics and share some of my experiences with all of you who missed out on this amazing journey!

Here's a picture from the top of the London Eye!

This is my new favorite place in the world! Zurich, Switzerland. Talk about being surrounded by God's beauty!! Waking up to the Swiss Alps and shimmering Lake Zurich underneath them every morning...I didn't want to leave!

The Eiffel Tower, need I say more!

Breendonk Concentration Camp in Belgium. The craziest thing is that walking into this place, we were all joking and having a good time, and then upon entrance to the camp, the talking stopped and we were silent until we left hours later. I remember never wanting to go anywhere by myself and I made sure someone was near me, no matter what. That's just how creepy this place was. It's giving me chills just thinking about it now...
The William Tyndale Memorial--this came after our tour of Breendonk. When we were half way between the train station and the site, it started to pour!! (that's why we're all soaking wet). Unfortunately, there weren't many places to stay out of the rain, so we just kept pressing on. :)



Here's everyone (at least all the students, Stephanie and Cobra, I'll get a pic in of you--promise!) Austin, Laurel, Me, Des, Micah, Hurley, Tina, Steph, Beth, Caroline, and Uriah. Such a God-picked group!









2 comments:

Chris said...

all that makes me just a little jealous.. im not going to lie.. but i know you had a blast.. wish i would have been there.. like i said im jealous! lol

Mandy said...

You had a chance to go, but didn't take it. You can always go this summer. I would definitely recommend it. Although I'm not sure you'll find as great as a group that I went with. I wish I could go again, but unfortunately, that's not an option. I think this is the first summer in about 4 years I haven't gone anywhere cool!