Monday, December 31, 2007

In the Grip of Grace-3

There's a story of a cricket. He lives inside of a room and to him, this is all there is. The room seems so big to him, but in reality, its so small compared to the vast world outside its walls. He wakes up every day to find food and accomplish the typical daily tasks and goes back to bed that night, feeling as if he's accomplished a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, he's accomplished so little.
This cricket lives a "godless" life. He has no perception of right and wrong, no Creator to worship and no purpose. His knowledge of his world doesn't propel him to learn more, only to be content with his knowledge.

How often do we live a godless life? Do you have a time in your life when you've lived in a godless mentality?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. that's good Mandy. I fear that I'm not even that cricket. Maybe I'm just that cricket's wife. Waiting for the cricket to bring the food back to me. I need to be a different kind of cricket. I need to be the cricket that shows everybody every day Christ in me. some days (most days) I'm not.

Mandy said...

Well, we all wish we were that cricket and every time I see you, you def are the cricket that shows Christ! Keep up the good work! You are such a blessing in my life and set an example for me.

(By the way, I LOVE your blog! You're teaching me so much!)