Monday, March 31, 2008

The Stand

If you didn't read about Day 4 of Mexico, don't forget to read it. I had to blog twice, this just couldn't wait. I ran across this song today and it just stuck with me, so I thought I'd share it, along with a little bit of my heart.

"I'll stand, arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand my soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours."
---The Stand by Michael W. Smith

How many times do we forget that we must be surrendered to His call 100% in order to find fulfillment? I know I forget a lot. From the time I was 13 I knew God was calling me to ministry through LifeChurch. I've been waiting for a job for what seems like forever and just when it opened, my mentor suggested I continue growing and start serving at another campus. Let me just tell you all, I've NEVER attended another church and even when I go to another campus it's with all my friends and family. But after this suggestion from my mentor I was reminded all we can ever do is surrender our lives to His plan. We never know what He might be calling us to next. I believe whole-heartedly I am called to ministry, but like I always say, just wait for the right timing, because there's not timing like His timing. All we can ever be is His and just let Him have control. All this to say, I'm leaving my home campus of Edmond to venture out and start serving at OKC. I'm excited, but nervous. But I'm choosing to believe God has an even greater plan for me, and I'm excited to see it! So don't forget: we are surrendered to His call and it is the best!!!

7 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

I'm soooo excited for you. You will learn so much!

Anna Meadows said...

Girl! I feel you! The SAME THING happened to me during the internship... stay focused... going to another campus was THE BEST THING that ever happened to me... it is a very important part of your developement!

The door isn't closed. God is just still preparing you!

Mandy said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Chick4Christ said...

man i'll miss you so much! but i'm so proud of you!

will you still come on wed nights?

Mandy said...

I'll still be there on Wed, don't worry :) I couldn't leave Switch the last few weeks of my senior year.

Anonymous said...

surrendering to God. definitely something he's been teaching me. not to just fit Him into my day but for Him to be my day. everything has to be centered by HIM!!! thank you so much for sharing!!!

ChristusNextus said...

this stinks for me! but im SOO glad the world doesnt revolve around me (completely). maybe this lesson in life was gained by sitting on the wire chairs in between services chillin with the only other person who was so hopelessly committed to church that they had already been to service but stay there out of the overflow and passion of their heart waiting to serve- again. thanks for always being there, no seriously-ALWAYS-being there! haha
you're there so much they gave you your own way in!
God's plan is so much more important than friends, i have struggled with that GREATLY with college and everything, so i am impressed and inspired with your loyalty to Jesus! Good luck! and i guess...........i guess God loves OKC too (not as much though)