Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rest

"And I rest in the shelter of Your love
And I rest in the wonder of Your Grace
And I rest in the shelter of Your love
And I rest in the wonder of You

Embraced in the promise of You
Is rest for the weary soul
Releasing all that is mine
I reach for You"



Have you ever gone through a time in your life when you can't sleep at night, and it's not because of worry or stress? Well this past week (aside from Wednesday night) I haven't been able to fall asleep until 1a.m. or after. For all of you who understand my sleeping pattern I'm usually asleep by 11 at the latest. Well, I've been staying up late, exhausted, but not been able to fall asleep. Talk about frustrating. :) Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday--no sleep for the weary. Then as Robby and I were driving to school yesterday I heard the song "Rest" by Skillet. To rest in His wonder, His love, and His grace--THAT'S WHAT I NEEDED TO DO!!! So last night, I slept in Him and had one of the most refreshing rests I've had in a while. I'm choosing to believe my lack of sleep is in preparation for something...just don't know what yet.

What do you do when you can't sleep? Have you ever had a time when you couldn't sleep? In reflection was it in preparation?

7 comments:

Chris said...

well i have been at that non sleep stage before. im not sure tho if it was for preparation or some other reason like worry or wondering.. is how i like to put it.. There are times of excitement, Im not sure.. i guess i have never tryed to explain to myself why i dont go to sleep until late.. but that song is amazing in its self.. So many great things in it and even greater memories!

Gods doing something big.. Just you wait and see!

Chris said...

I dont know if i would call mine all preparation for i havent looked at that and tryed to explain it to myself that it might be that. But THat song is amazing in its self.. Great song and even greater memories!

God is doing great things.. you just wait and see!

Mandy said...

It wasn't because of worry or wonder. I can promise you that. Granted on Sunday and Monday it was a little bit of "not going to sleep angry so I wouldn't give the Devil a foothold." :)

Robin Meadows said...

Yeah...all the time. I wake up about 3:38 am...every night! (really!!) Ugh! But, I've learned to turn it into a praying time. It seems to be when someone is really on my heart...not worrying (at least I hope not)...just pressing in and through. Sometimes, I just keep dozing and praying all the rest of the night....sometimes I finally drop off to sleep. But, I usually wake up refreshed anyway!

I KNOW you're being prepared for something wonderful!! Be sure to let us in on it, ok?

Love reading your thoughts!

Laurel! said...

Hello Mandy Dandy! I am so glad to hear about you resting in Him. This reminds me so much of the story about Mary and Martha. Maybe you were being too much like Martha, so God had to interupt your busy schedule just so you could pull a Mary and truly rest in Him. Which is soo cool, I love hearing about what He is willing to do to be with you : ) Jesus totally has a crush on you....ok maybe its a bit more than a crush! : ) And I dont really recall anytime I couldnt sleep so I cant really think of what I do when I cant sleep. Anyway...Goodbye for now love!

drama momma said...

My times are usually right when I go to bed or like Robin, 3ish in the morning. It's a time for praying. It's one of the few times that everything is "quiet".

I know God has something great for you and anxiously awaiting 'till it comes to pass.

But as Laurel said, it's much easier for us to be "Martha" and we need to focus on being "Mary".

Hey, by the way, you've never have had a nick name....I like "Mandy Dandy" :)

Mandy said...

Actually, Laurel calls me that, when she remembers. It was the nickname I gained from Europe.