Monday, May 5, 2008

A Dream

Here's a freaky dream I had. It happened about 7 weeks ago. The week after we got back from Mexico.

"I was at church, downstairs in the LifeKIDS Central Offices (if you have been there, I was between Kendra and Shawn's desks). I was with lots of people (around 7), but the only person I remember is Lori. Next thing I know, bombs (almost torpedo-like) come through the walls and we all hit the floor and covered our heads. After about 5 min, the bombs stopped and we all got up and none of us were hurt. We gathered ourselves up and go on doing what we were doing. About 15 minutes later, bombs (again torpedo-like) and the same thing happened, we all hit the ground hoping we didn't get blown up. Next thing I know, I had left the church and I'm with Chris and Hannah. We're walking South on Coltrane from 15th to 33rd. Next thing I know, Hannah is gone and I'm just walking with Chris. As we approach 33rd, everything around us turns into ice: the road, the green trees, the cars---EVERYTHING was ice. Then, Taylor is in his car and passes Chris and I in the intersection. You can barely see into his car, but you could see his face. I kept yelling at him to go check on his dad (remember bombs just went off) and he kept pointing behind him. As he went through the intersection, two kids on bikes followed him. He was just gonna make sure they got home safely. Chris and I walk through the intersection, but we had to pull on the iced trees to get up the hill, but we made it over the top together. Where there are houses on Coltrane after 33rd, there was just a field--a field that had never had anything on it, but it was full of families. We (Chris is still with me) run through the field searching for my family. I found them sitting in their lawn chairs, chatting away as though nothing had happened (remember, bombs just went off at church). I ran to them making sure I was ok, but they didn't hear me. All they asked was what I was doing, and I told them I wasn't sure. Hannah and her family coming running over, and soon all of my parents' friends are with us. Chris, knowing Hannah and I had made it to our families, went on a search for his and he walked across the field to 33rd and Bryant. The rest is kinda fuzzy. I was in this big warehouse, but I was hiding in the rafters. A spotlight kept trying to find me, but it never did. Below me, there was dancing and singing, almost like they were putting on a production. A guy was in the rafters as well and he convinced me to join in the dancing. So now I'm dancing in this circle. Next thing you know, this same guy is pushing me out the front door telling me something bad is gonna happen and we have to hide. I think more bombs might have been going off. So he pushes us out the door and he makes a run for it, but I just stood on the outside of this warehouse. To my left are mountains of great size. The people I traveled to Chihuahua with are with me now and we are climbing these mountains. We get to a plateaued spot and we, along with some kids we picked up from somewhere, are sitting in a circle, holding hands. Just as we sat, bombers come in from behind the mountains and I'm yelling to this group, "WE SHOULD MOVE!!! MORE BOMBS ARE COMING!!!!!! WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN?!?!?!"

Here's where I woke up. I know it's long, but I wanted to give details. Craig said to write it down, so I did. Do you think there's any significance in the dream? What might your interpretation be. Look soon and I'll show you what my friends and I came up with. They thought it was such a bizarre dream, it had to have meaning....keep in mind, I have the gift of prophecy...I don't know...

8 comments:

Chris said...

... hmm well i dont want to be to rude so i want to apologize to anyone if i offend you by anything said and that being said i will start..
im not sure about the beginning but the bombs are like satan attacking at the times you're doing something you are "called to do"(you being at church, dancing/worship possibly?) Hitting you when you least expect it. Me and hannah are there for you but it might seem like she sometimes might be a little distant from you. I'm supposed to be there all the time to help you out. Taylor is there and not all the time for you. He is more focused on other people instead of you. Your parents not knowing what truly was going on in your life.(not realizing the bombs were going off) or ignoring the fact that there are areas that you are struggling with. I want to make sure people are safe and alright before myself but then i leave as if my job should be done. The warehouse... with dancing.. reminds me of like rafters up in church.. you want to but you are afraid of what might happen when you get seen.. but then you enjoy yourself when you do but when you do Satan comes back and hits again with your insecurities. when there is hiking you are moving on with your life but when you are comfortable and resting Satan comes again hitting those insecurities.. no one listens because you are the one who needs to deal with it..

Well thats it for me i think.. i might have skipped some but thats what i think .. off the top of my head..

-The Mountain Man- said...

Most of the time, dreams mean nothing.

Maybe your supper was too spicy...

Robin Meadows said...

haha...This reminds me of most mornings when Anna was still living at home. She had vivid dreams and would tell us all about them when she got up.

Mostly, I would say, you're going through so many changes right now and you have no idea where you or your friends will end up...it's like your life is being bombed. And it's hard.

Can't wait to hear your interpretation.

drama momma said...

You have never shared that dream with us....

I'm thinking, maybe you need to quit watching the television shows that we watch and also there's some truth to what Mountain Man said too.

Chris'interpretation is interesting.

Robin, that was good too.

Mandy said...

Hmmm....

Chick4Christ said...

oh thats a cool dream :) i dont really have an interpretation for it. but it was interesting reading it!! :)

ChristusNextus said...

that right there is the difference beteween guys and girls (among others). i never remember any of my dreams other than one time when my dad drove to school in a bull-dozer in the 2nd grade. anyway.
this is a very thought provoking dream. while i cant say it holds any lasting significance in the course of your future, i will say it may be prophetic in some ways, but the whole thing about sleep is that our conscious awareness is down so low that we cant make ourselves have certain dreams, our experiences in our sub-conscious shape them. maybe these undertones of chris going with you and you being attacked at church is what lies in your subconscious and as a result something you inherently fear-unknowingly of course- b/c you're not aware of it. make sense? keep on dreamin, lol!

Mandy said...

Look for my interpretation tomorrow. It'll be a long post, so I'll do it tomorrow evening! Thanks for all your comments :)