Thursday, May 22, 2008

One Word

I asked my friends to describe me in just one word. What was the first word that came to mind when you thought of me? Most said more than one, but here's the gist of what I got...
1) Leader
2) Judgemental
3) Confident (but not arrogant)
4) Honest (but not rude)
5) Good Advice Giver
6) Good Friend
7) Needy
8) Dramatic
9) Demanding
10) Inquisitive
11) Reserved
12) Observant

As each word reach my ears, I just stopped. Some I was really excited to hear, others I was kinda blown away from what they said. Now I know that what people think of me doesn't matter, but it put a lot into perspective. Obviously, I have some things I need to work on, and it was obvious which friendships were healthy and which weren't. I think sometimes we need to stop and evaluate how we're doing. Some of these things would have NEVER come to my mind (aka "dramatic" and "needy") so it's a good thing to get a perspective from those who were close to you. Just a random thought from today. Feel free to leave any comment you'd like.

(So it's official, all of my friends have graduated high school...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Mandy, good thoughts girlie!
It cool sometimes to hear the encouraging thangs, but even better that even with the not so great comments you are willing to step back and evaluate what they have to say & take it as a "put that on list of things to work on"
Mandy, you're awesome girl!
We will have to get together soon--
We can stay up till 2:30 chatting :)

Mandy said...

Yes we must!

Anonymous said...

i'm graduated???

Laurel! said...

um yeah last time I checked Im not graduated...thanks...what a good boyfriend ehh I mean non romantic affiliation you are!!! jk jk! I like your post....but I really do not think that needy and dramatic describe you in the least!!!

Robin Meadows said...

And remember, just like Job's friends, not ALL suggestions are accurate....just sayin'. ; )

You're GOD's FAVORITE GIRL, Mandy. Never forget it!

Mandy said...

I meant all my friends who are graduating this year (so that doesn't include Hannah and Laurel...). For the friend who described me with those words, that was probably an accurate description of how they saw me. But we all know that's not really me, so I'm steering away from it. Thanks for the encouragement Robin!