Monday, May 26, 2008

UnEqual

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?" 2 Cor. 6:14


What does "unequally yoked" mean to you? Some believe it just means you can't marry someone who isn't a believer, however I would never call someone a "best friend" if they aren't progressing in their faith. I believe we are called to reach out into the world, but should we rely so closely on someone who doesn't believe Christ is their Savior. Or should you even engage in a dating relationship where the boy isn't leading, or isn't stronger. Just some thoughts for today.

What does this verse mean to you? How strict are you on engaging in intimate (meaning anything past a friend) relationships with non-believers? Go read the whole chapter and see if it sheds anymore light with you. Please, tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise Mandy!
I definitely have different levels of relationships, the deeper the relationship, the more important we believe similarly on "big issues" Jesus is a must!!
It is definitely important to be in relationships with others who don't believe like we do, how else would the world be reached?

Taylor Hale said...

Mid High XL talked about something similar a few months back. I asked, "Doesn't it say in the bible not to hang around non-believers?" I can't remember exactly what the lesson was about, but I got a lot of good answers! Maybe I'll blog about that one?? ;) Great post!