Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Enrollement

Today my daddy and I went to UCO for Enrollement. We went prepared, so it was pretty much waisted time. However, I got to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (for the 5th time). And here was my final results...(I hope they make you laugh, because they sure made me chuckle)!

Introversion (I)
I like getting my energy from dealing with the ideas, pictures, memories, and reactions that are inside my head, in my inner world. I often prefer doing things alone or with one or two people I feel comfortable with. I take time to reflect so that I have a clear idea of what I’ll be doing when I decide to act. Ideas are almost solid things for me. Sometimes I like the idea of something better than the real thing.

Sensing (S)
Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I’m concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me. I like to see the practical use of things and learn best when I see how to use what I’m learning. Experience speaks to me louder than words.

The following statements generally apply to me:

  • I remember events as snapshots of what actually happened.
  • I solve problems by working through facts until I understand the problem.
  • I am pragmatic and look to the “bottom line.”
  • I start with facts and then form a big picture.
  • I trust experience first and trust words and symbols less.
  • Sometimes I pay so much attention to facts, either present or past, that I miss new possibilities.

Thinking (T)
When I make a decision, I like to find the basic truth or principle to be applied, regardless of the specific situation involved. I like to analyze pros and cons, and then be consistent and logical in deciding. I try to be impersonal, so I won’t let my personal wishes--or other people’s wishes--influence me.

The following statements generally apply to me:

  • I look for logical explanations or solutions to most everything.
  • I make decisions with my head and want to be fair.
  • I believe telling the truth is more important than being tactful.
  • Sometimes I miss or don’t value the “people” part of a situation.
  • I can be seen as too task-oriented, uncaring, or indifferent.

Judging (J)
I use my decision-making (Judging) preference (whether it is Thinking or Feeling) in my outer life. To others, I seem to prefer a planned or orderly way of life, like to have things settled and organized, feel more comfortable when decisions are made, and like to bring life under control as much as possible.

The following statements generally apply to me:
  • I like to have things decided.
  • I like to make lists of things to do.
  • I like to get my work done before playing.
  • I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline.
  • Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information.
And here is my personality in a whole...

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

4 comments:

michelle wyatt said...

how do u get your page to have music on it?

Mandy said...

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see the play list. Hit "get my own" or "create a play list" and it's pretty self explanatory from there

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens...we are absolutely the opposite!
ENFP here sister!
That's so fun....you'll have to keep me updated, how it all goes, who your professors are & for what classes...what is your major.
I'm so thankful for my new friend as well, and don't be fooled sister... YOU are INCREDIBLE! Very mature, and absolutely everything I have heard from so many...when I first met people from Edmond they compared me to you & I was frustrated, knowing you...I am honored to be compared to such an AMAZING young woman!

Mandy said...

Oh thanks! They compared me to you as well. I was jealous, so don't worry :) I'm majoring in Organizational Management. Thanks so much for the encouragement.