Monday, February 18, 2008

Generations

These are lyrics from a new Charlie Hall song, "Walk this World"

Broken but singing
Our hearts keep shining

Let my life shine, come and let my heart shine
We’re going to walk the world and lift the bread and wine
Like the stars shine, come and let our hearts shine
In a dark world, we lift the bread and wine

Our generation is hurting for something, anything, to chase after and pursue. Thanks to our parents generation and their need for "freedom" they raised a generation who is on a constant search for firm foundation to build a life around. Not to brag, but I believe my generation will change the world in a way it has never seen before. We are so passionate about the things around us. We were raised with a universal awareness and want to solve EVERYONE'S problems. Brace yourself, it should be good. :)

"We are a generation, touched by Your salvation, made by You for Your glory."

Those of you apart of my generation: don't be afraid to live for His glory. Let's seek to live for truth and peace of mind. Let's decide to live for something real that changes lives. EMBRACE IT!!! This should be good...

(just a random thought from today...)

5 comments:

drama momma said...

Go change the world, Mandy. We can't wait to see how God is going to use you.

Robin Meadows said...

Bring it!

Chris said...

Man I dont know if you know but that is my favorite song that he sang last year and that he didnt have it recorded yet or i would have had it.. but now that it is out it is one of my most listened to songs..

God is the foundation that is going to help us Change the world in greater ways then ever thought!

There is another song on that Passion Cd... GOD OF THIS CITY! Now that is a song of great change and great knowledge.. just have to believe.. Lets GO and Change this World!!! (EXCITED FACE!!!)

Lori said...

That song was perfect. Great timing. Wow. I am excited to see how we are going to use the knowledge we are learing now to change the world tomorrow. Accually, we are already chaning the world around us. This song blew me away. It is one of my favorites and Chris if I had the song it would be one of my most listened to song as well.

Laurel! said...

Hello Mandy Dandy!
I love this post! That song is soo great!!! I missed you guys too! And ok ok, you are quick witted...BUT most of Oklahoma isnt compared to Boston lol. And you will have a blast in Boston. The subyways up there are called the T. They are just like the ones in Europe! BTW you have great music on here, I have been listening to it for the past couple hours while working on my mountains of math homework!