Saturday, February 2, 2008

My New Friend!!!


SIMONE!!!












I met her on Wednesday, and yes, she's from Australia. She's our Campus Pastor's sister-in-law, and I've never met someone so quick-witted! I learned a lot about the differences of our two worlds. Did you know the trunk of a car is called the "boot?" They call cokes "soft drinks" and Hummers are outlawed because they take up too much room on the road. And I learned all this in about 10 minutes. We are a lot alike actually: we enjoy the same school subjects, music, and movies. She tried to convince me I should go to prom because I'll regret it and for my birthday she's buying me "formal stuff." Good luck Simone!! She's here for 3 months and I can't wait to spend more and more time with her.

What were your impressions of her??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg i LOVE HER!!! she's so freaking awesome!!! and HILARIOUS!!! very much like you. i'm so excited to get to know her more!!! and her accent is BOMB!!! ya. she's pretty much amazing.

Lori said...

I LOVE HER!!! She just jumped right into the conversation and never missed a beat. She makes me laugh. She is soooo much FUN!!!! I can't wait to hang out with her again!

She was the highlight of my week and I was blessed just to have met her.

Anonymous said...

Well I love her cause shes my sister. You are so sweet Mandy to make her feel at home, call if you do anything she would love to tag along. You are all Awsomely cool. Be sure to save up and go visit her some day! Luv yas...Bonnie Paludan

Mandy said...

Oh I will def visit her. That'll be my next extreme vacation. Our lives are getting to get really busy so we will being doing lots of things and I will call one of you!!

Laurel! said...

Hi Mandy Dandy! I adore her! She is so so so funny and I am really going to miss her!