Sunday, February 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!!


Yesterday one of my best friends turned 17! And for her birthday we filled her day with suprises! We started at 7:45 am and went to Jacob's ladder (a ropes course) to do some "team building" with our group we're traveling with over Spring Break to Chihuahua, Mexico. This part wasn't a suprise, but it was still a lot of fun. We returned to Edmond around noon and began her day of suprise. The idea behind the day was for her to spend time with people who have been in our past but we don't get to see a lot now. She started at Panera Bread with Andrea and Caroline. Andrea was our youth leader in middle school, and Caroline, she's another best friend. Then she went to Starbucks to meet up with Michelle, her brother's girlfriend. Next came Jacey, who we met over Spring Break last year in Monterrey. We all clicked instantly and have been friends since. I met up with them around 3 and her afternoon of pampering began. I took her to get her hair styled and it look AMAZING!!! She was so worried about not being able to look pretty for her party, but her hair reassured her confidence. We finished early, so we went shopping at Old Navy and Target. Finally we met Lori and Trisha. Trisha was our leader before Andrea, and we haven't seen her in probably about a year. They finished the pampering with manicures and pedicures. Needless to say, by the end of the day she was suprised and LOVED her day of suprises. We missed Megan as she had to work yesterday, but we all enjoyed the rest of it. By the time we reached her party we were all pretty tired, but put on our best attitude and pulled some energy from who knows where. :) Hannah, I hope this was a birthday you'll never forget! We all love you and can't wait to see what God has for you. Being friends as long as we have is pretty much un-heard-of and I can't wait to see where God takes us. Happy 17th and I can't wait for you to text me on Monday!

6 comments:

drama momma said...

God has blessed all of you with great friends. Speaking as a parent, that is something that I've always prayed for.

Anonymous said...

i absolutely LOVED my birthday!!! it was pretty much the most amazing birthday ever!!! and i will NEVER forget it!!! i'm so blessed with so many people around me who love me. thank you for doing that day that was perfect for me. i love you guys so much!!! i have the BEST friends in the world!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

so don't get mad that i didn't text you...i haven't gotten my phone yet...i should get it in like 1-3 days. YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

i don't know why that was anonymous...

Mandy said...

We decided we were done with trying to through successful surprise parties, so we went with a day of surprises! Don't worry, Chris told me at lunch that you didn't have it yet. :)

Chris said...

lol.. ya i found it funny that she was kinda worried about what was going to happen because she didnt know and was really worrying about it.. I laughed lol.. You really do have some amazing friends!! Lucky Gosh!

You guys are awesome!

Mandy said...

Thanks for caving in and saying we're awesome. :)