Friday, February 15, 2008

these are 3 of my beautiful girls!!

Hannah (she's on the top)-I've just recently taken her under my wing. :) She loves to dance (just like I did) and actually takes dance at one of the places I did.

Aubrey (she's int the striped shirt)-I spent everyday with her this summer, and she is HILARIOUS!! She has such a sweet heart and loves and serves so much...and she's only in 6th grade. I wish I was a passionate as she is in the 6th grade about serving others around me.

Matyson (in the brown shirt)-she's my protege, my mini-me, and my mentee (I'm her mentor). She pretty much rocks!! She thirst so much for knowledge and understanding and just soaks up anything you're willing to tell her. She doesn't settle for mediocre living. She gets frustrated with people who are hypocritical and HATES to be involved in drama. :)

I would encourage you all to find people to mentor and find some one to mentor you.We all need our Timothy and our Paul. Who in your life can you start to pour into? Do you already mentor others? How do you mentor them? Do you have a mentor you just couldn't live without? (I'll talk about mine in a later post, so stay tuned...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet picture....

Momma

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome that you blogged about that because that's something that's really been touching my heart. there's a girl at my dance studio who i LOVE with all my heart. i've just really been trying to pour into her and love her like i know God does. and i'm not "officially" her mentor but she's younger than me and i just love her. and also i've been seeking God to bring me a mentor. i've just really been wanting someone who i can talk to and get advice from. someone who understands me and has similar attributes to me and someone i would like to be like. so thank you for that. i love that God shows us similar things.

Chick4Christ said...

omg! ditto!
This is so great you're doing this! Mentors are probably the best thing that could ever happen! haha.

Shanna was/is my mentor and i have learned sooo much!
now i see that if i start pouring into other younger girls too then i'll also be blessed! I've been trying to step out of my box and build new relationships with all different girls! it just makes me so happy! :)

love ya Manji! haha

Charissa said...

I do have girls that I mentor, and I love them! They are absolutely incredible. I think the main way I have gone about mentoring them is starting out by letting them know that I am the person they can call about anything at anytime, day or night. Take a general interest in them. You can't expect them to trust and listen to your advice and guidance if you don't have a REAL friendship with them. That's where I started a little over 3 years ago and to this day they still call all the time! I love them for it.

Allyson said...

Matyson loves you so much. Matt and I don't know what we'd do without you. She is learning so much by just watching you walk out your relationship with Christ. You are so graceful in that. We appreciate the time that you spend praying for her, guiding her and just being with her.