Thursday, January 10, 2008

Brokenness

So this morning, I was reading a friend's blog and she was talking about being truly sorry. And as I was reading it, I realized how hard my heart has become in this area. Have you ever done something intentionally and not feel bad for doing it--even when you know it hurt someone else or it broke God's heart? I pray your heart is not that hardened, but I know I do it a lot. I think the hardest thing for me is that I have that personality that I need justification behind rules or I don't see any reason in following them. So even if I'm breaking a rule (be it my parents' rules, school rules, etc.) I don't always feel as I'm sinning--but I am because God instructs us to follow authority. I need your help in praying for my heart to be broken to others' reasoning for rules and not simply living by my own set of rules, along with recognizing how my actions and words hurt others. And as always please hold me accountable to this, because this is probably the hardest spiritual roadblock I've ever faced!! Simply because it takes a complete change of heart and mindset (and you all know how little I change).

3 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Well, if you're like me, you want to know the "reasoning" behind the rules....then it makes sense and you're agreeable to comply. Otherwise, ....well. Sometimes, there are no reasons, or can't be explained. It's learning to be under authority. It's really a GOOD thing, if we'd just quit being so stubborn and accept it! At least that's how it is for me.

Mandy said...

Yeah. If I understand the "reasoning" behind rules, I follow them with ease and I become a rule follower. I'm learning that too, but I'm just as stubborn as anyone (thanks to genetics). I'm also learning its a goood thing to be under authority.

drama momma said...

Well.....genectics from your father, of course.