Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Children of...

I had an odd rendezvous today while I was at work. I work with my kids who are between 2 1/2 and 3--and they just haven't got that listening thing down very well. Maybe I'm not strict enough or mean enough?? I don't know, but I do know they don't listen all that well. BUT BUT BUT I have learned they respond best when you just wrap them up in your arms and whisper quietly to them individually what you would like them to do or stop doing. Isn't that strange? They don't respond to anything else quite like that. Today we were painting with dot paints and I showed each one of them how to use them correctly--and all of them used the paints the wrong way at least once. I still had to remind them how to use it and I had just told them not even a minute earlier. The last child who used them--I pulled him real close and made him watch my eyes and whispered, "Don't forget this is how you are supposed to use it, remember?" And you know what, he didn't once use them incorrectly. :)


Have you ever wondered why God prefers to speak in a quiet and soft voice? (Granted there are times when children need the booming voice to get them under control). Hmmm...
Be sure you can hear His quiet voice if that's how He's speaking to you.

4 comments:

Lori said...

It is like a secrete. Everyone likes to be given a secrete only they and the other person know. For me when God speaks quitely is calms me down and it is a reasuring peace. I love how God teaches in small ways that make a big impact.
Wow. we are all little kids who don't obey.
When God tells me directly it means so much more than if i was told along with a group of people because He makes me fell special. I think that is why we like it so much. We long to fell special, accepted, longed, and loved.

Chris said...

secret? i think is what you were aiming for lor... sorry...

No I love that.. that He must get down and whisper and show up what to do.. and most the times we mess back up for some reason.. but He will come back and remind us time after time of what we are needing to do and how we are needing to do it correctly.. maybe? i dont know what it is called but whatever ... It is wonderful the power God can show through you and to you If you are willing to slow your world around you and be quiet, be still, and keep the faith and believing strong..

Don't ever give up! :)

-The Mountain Man- said...

1 Kings 19, 11-13
Then he was told, “Go, stand on the mountain at attention before God. God will pass by.” A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains and shattered the rocks before God, but God wasn’t to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but God wasn’t in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but God wasn’t in the fire; and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper. When Elijah heard the quiet voice, he muffled his face with his great cloak, went to the mouth of the cave, and stood there. A quiet voice asked, “So Elijah, now tell me, what are you doing here?

That is just His way...

Chris said...

thats awesome... i guess i need to read more.. because that brings tear to me thinking how amazing God is!!!