Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Patience

How many phrase can you think of that have the word "patience" in them?
Patience is a virtue.
Great things come to those who are patient.
Love is patient.

And I'm sure there are so many more. Have you ever thought about how different our lives would be if we were just willing to wait? Willing to wait on the slow employee at the store. Willing to wait on the computer to load. Willing to wait on people who don't run on the same "clock" as you. Today, I needed to be willing to wait on my car. It has a safety feature that's supposed to prevent other people from stealing my car, but sometimes, it confuses my key with a key that doesn't fit. This has happened three times and all three were at the most inconvenient time. Twice it has made me late for school (and if you know me, I HATE, and I mean HATE being late!) and other time I was late for a birthday party. You're supposed to just sit and let it reset, but I'm not very patient so I kept trying my key and sat in the cold for 35 minutes waiting for my car to reset. If I had just waited a little bit longer to try my key, my car would have reset....
How many times do we like to "jump the gun" in God's plan and do things on our own? Why is it so hard for us to just sit and wait for our heart to "reset" and follow God's plan? How different would our lives be if we were just willing to sit and wait? I' m going to try it this week, I challenge you to do the same.

2 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

OK - I'll take your challenge! But, I won't like it.... ;)

I'm a TERRIBLE "waiter".

I like what you said about people who run on a different clock....I'm not very patient with people who don't run on mine....FAST!

Thanks for the challenge! Let us know how you did.

-The Mountain Man- said...

Patience for you??? Think how hard it is for me! Take a nap. Easy to be patient when you are asleep.