Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Morning Tunes

I have to start out and say I was really excited we didn't have school today so I could sleep in and catch up from my exhausting weekend (although I wouldn't have changed it for anything). I slept until 7 a.m. Now to understand my frustration, I am not capable of sleeping past 9 anymore. As a teenager, I'd like to be able to sleep as late as the rest of my friends--they're all night owls. :) So needless to say I didn't get to sleep in and I'm still pretty tired, but I suppose I'll rest later.

Monday Morning Tunes--
"I remember all the times
The good times and the bad (some good and some are bad)
I'm still holding on to you
Some days I wanna run
And times I come undone
But I still belong to you
That’s how I know that
When I feel like caving in
My heart my soul is wearing thin
I just want to give up
Nothing seems at all to add up
Can you hear me Lord?
My face is down upon the floor
Its then you whisper in my ear
Be still and know I'm here."


If we would just remember God is here, even when we don't feel him. When everything comes crashing down, God will keep it from crumbling on you, we just have to let him take over and be still to hear him speak. God speaks in a soft voice more often than a booming one! Trust me, trusting in God's faithfulness and believe in His word is worth it even though giving up control is extremely difficult!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. ya you need to be a night owl.

that is so true. hard to do but very important.

Lori said...

haha. I like to stay up and sleep in!!!
It is sooo hard for me to just be and listen. That was my goal this morning, but i kept getting distracted. I have felt like giving up A LOT this year (and last). I am slowly allowing Him to pick me back up and love me. I am learning to trust Him in ways I never knew were possible.
Thanks Mandy. This was perfect timing.

Chris said...

Sleeping in during the weekend is the best.. your missing out let me tell you! and night owling is the best thing either tho.. .

Keeping your faith and keeping it consistent is the thing we all need to strive for. Yet it is one of the more difficult things to do. and to understand when bad or things that you want to go your way.. to understand that God has a reason that He does it. and its not just for us to feel as tho we are struggling.. He is trying to show you Something, Anything.. just Open your eyes and let Him be seen.. :)

Mandy said...

I LOVE perfect timing comments! Isn't it cool when God sends just the right person to say that one thing that defeats Satan!!

Chris--just keep reminding yourself that~~put it in your journal even :)