Thursday, January 17, 2008

Faithfulness-3

3) Be faithful to yourself.

For this one I just want to copy what my dad said, because I don't think I could say it any better than he did so concisely. Here it is...
"Be the person God created you to be. Work hard and study, be tenacious. Don't forget to rest and play some, too. Don't' forget to laugh. (and finally) Don't let any distractions get in the way."
Here's my version:
Work first, play later. Rest and play (I certainly don't do that enough). LAUGH!!!! It's great exercise too! We all need a little laughter in our day. (After all it takes less work to smile than frown--a little tidbit for you all!). NO DISTRACTIONS....focus, focus, focus (to quote a neighbor).

I wanted to encourage you all to not get so caught up in pleasing others, that you let your heart fade! Live always in His joy and embrace His strength in your weaknesses, after all we can't do it on our own--hate to break it to ya, but we just weren't made to be alone.

(I don't have any reflective questions, but I'd love to hear what you think.)

No comments: