Monday, January 14, 2008

Faithfulness-1

One thing my dad encouraged me to never forget as I grow older is my faithfulness.
1) Be faithful to God and His vision for your life.
2) Be faithful to your family and friends.
3) Be faithful to yourself.
and lastly
4) Be faithful to your church.

Tonight I'm going to hit on the first one, and the rest of them I'll hit later this week. I'll try and keep it short, because I'm learning how little people like reading long posts. Being faithful to God and His vision for my life. Being faithful to God is pretty self-explanatory, so I'm not going to go into that so much. However, being faithful to His plan is much harder. God's plan for my life is simply to work in the church and be a wife/mom. Wouldn't think it would be so hard to follow, right? But I've faced more opposition in this area than any of the other four areas. For starters, the closer I get to having my "dream job" the more other people oppose me. I also feel less and less capable of being able to do it--which is most likely a step in the right direction). It by no means we'll make me "rich" in my families' terms. Thankfully, my parents are supportive of this career--they see my passion. But even though not all of my family understands my mentality and I feel less qualified today than I did when I was 11, I can't deny the passion I have to work in His ministry--and not just a general term. I have to continue to be faithful in the small areas now, so that I can be entrusted with greater things in the future.

**What are the things in God's plan you need to continue being faithful towards, even if the enemy is opposing you? Are there things in the past you were faithful in and God blessed you for that?

3 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Oh, Mandy, your heart blesses me---and you've got a really smart dad! Keep listening to him--he knows what he's talking about!

Hang in there--you WILL get opposition. After all, a wife/mother? What kind of calling is that!!?? LOL (Believe me, I've heard it all...) Yes, being faithful in the small things is the key...

I'm very proud of the calling on your life!! Can't wait to see it played out!

drama momma said...

I agree with your dad, too. There was a song that has the lyrics, "when you don't understand, and your can't see His plan, trust His heart." He knows the desires of your heart. All you need to do is stay faithful and trust Him.

-The Mountain Man- said...

Wow. You have a smart dad. Smartest dad ever, maybe...