Saturday, January 12, 2008

Old Bridges

On Monday, I start my last semester of high school. Can you believe it? I've waited for this day for so long, it's weird to think my graduation is almost here. For graduation presents, my friends and I are making a movie of funny moments and unforgettable memories we've shared the past four years. As I go through the pictures, I thought about how blessed I am to have such incredible friends. (If you're new, go look at the earlier posts on my friends). God blessed me with such a tight group and I must admit, I'm now dreading getting my diploma in May. Don't get me wrong--I'm so ready to move on to my next chapter of schooling, but I don't want to leave my friends behind. Two of my friends are moving away for college. Four of us are staying in Edmond, but only two of us are actually attending college here. Our lives will be so different, I'm scared to see how it changes us. I don't want to become like the groups of best friends who do everything together in high school and then not talk to each other after graduating. My mom encouraged me in that we're not a typical group of friends, and we've managed to stay close for a while, so not a whole lot will change; another friend told me to just think of it optimistically. We'll all be meeting new people and making new friends....but I don't want new friends. :)

Any suggestions on how to deal with this fear?? I know our lives can't be ruled by fear, but I'm stuck and don't know how to defeat it.

9 comments:

-The Mountain Man- said...

Part of growing up is facing situations like this. In my letter, I wrote about friends that become family. This is part of that. The friends-family people may move away, or you may see them less often; but when you get back together, it will be like they never left.

Mandy said...

Well I hope that's how it is.

Robin Meadows said...

Yeah, it's hard to make changes. These friends will always be your friends. You won't see them as often, but you'll always treasure the things you gained from loving each other. It may be phone calls now, instead of weekly meetings, or maybe even a road trip!! Either way, it will be good. Growing up is just hard. Just see it as God enlarging your heart for new things to come!

drama momma said...

Not ready for her to go on a road trip, Robin....:)

Anonymous said...

mandy don't worry about anything. God has a plan for all of us. if He's kept us together this long i'm sure it's for a reason. i'll always be here for you. even if i'm in new york. i promise i'll check in with you once a week at least. i love you!!!

Mandy said...

I'll hold you to that promise! It's just going to take some time to get used to I suppose. Guess we won't be taking that road trip :)

Chris said...

Shoot that would be the road trip that we all would need to take.. one up there.. that would be so much fun! Wow.. well honestly The people that we will become friends with in the future are going to be amazing.. and there is no one that could replace our friends so even with the worries.. the friends you hold dear to now will always be there.. No matter what to the end.. :) alway!

Mandy said...

You want to take a road trip to New York? Maybe our group will stand the test of time and all this worrying is for nothing, but I'm not looking forward to finding out, but I don't really have a choice. I hope the 7 of us stay friends for a long time.

Lori said...

I know we will! No matter what - we are family and you can never get rid of them. They are there FOREVER!! God created this group to be different and to live our lives for Him with each other. We stand for God. It does not matter where we live or what job we have -will still are here for one another. And everyone of us would drop everything we are doing to help anyone in need. I can't imagion life without you guys. God IS using us!!!