Friday, January 25, 2008

The Starving Baker

So if any of you have read any of the Habitudes books, you've probably heard this story before. I'm gonna try and make it short, so that you don't get bored, but I don't think I've ever had anything pinpoint me so easily. :) Okay, so this baker opens a bakery and it gets really busy fast. Overtime you notice he's loosing weight. Soon he's shrunk to pretty much nothing. Why? He's so focused on serving others, he forgets to feed himself....

I don't know about you, but sometimes (well, most of the time) I focus on making others' lives easier placing as much as I can, and more on myself. And I will go to extreme lengths to take on people's burdens. I don't feel comfortable when other people are struggling. Anyone.

So all this to say, my task for the next week is to feed myself. Spiritually I've been lacking on this a little bit. Do any of you struggle with serving others so much you forget to fill yourself up?

3 comments:

Chris said...

No.. honestly i kinda wish at times that i would be able to do that... but it seems like i dont do that at all and it is always for me.. i dont know like i tell people or share would be a better word.. but i share them what God is showing me and stuff.. but you really do go to great lengths for others .. and sometimes... just sometimes its a good thing but seriously.. help is always there for them but you dont have to be the one that helps all the time.. even though it is really nice of you....

Fill yourself up this week.. its okay to be selfish sometimes.. :)

Robin Meadows said...

It is?? Now think about that one, Chris...LOL

Mandy, you'll never be any different. You are a GIVER a SERVANT. Your relationship with Jesus will keep you always connected to other people...even when you don't think you have more to give.

Love your heart!

-The Mountain Man- said...

I am just as guilty, probably more so, at this as you.